Friday, December 3, 2010

12. Week

On Tuesday, in the Life Drawing class, Amy gave us the last assignment about the mussel-clay work on our manikins. Until the end of the semester, we will be adding the muscles of the legs, shoulders and arms to our small skeleton. By building the muscles I will take a closer look at the complexity of the human body that hopefully leads into a better understanding and better drawings.

fast skeleton drawings | Katharina Jourdan

On Thursday, we dove deeper into the understanding of the contraction of humans bodies by drawing a skeleton. As we usually draw from a model, we started with faster poses and increased the time at the end of class. Before we started drawing, Amy explained to us the structure of the shoulders. Thus, the main focus in the longer pose was all of the shoulder bones. First of all, I realized that it is hard to start drawing again after a two-week break. My eyes had forgotten the critical view and my hand misremembered line variations. 

long skeleton drawing | Katharina Jourdan
The semester is already coming to an end and I just started to realize how complex the human body is. The teachers advised to always look for certain landmarks on the body and include them in the drawing. However, I feel like I need to practice human figure drawings more. Therefore, I decided to take another figurative drawing class back in Germany in my final semester at the HAWK in Hildesheim.

I would like to remind everybody in my class that we have the great opportunity to join the Open Life Drawing every Tuesday night from 7 to 10 p.m. Male and female models are changing every week. Take the last chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment