Saturday, November 27, 2010

11. Week | Field Trip

This week, my Life Drawing I class, we went to our field trip. We visited the Walker Art Center and the Bell Museum of Natural History in Minneapolis. Unfortunately the bus was one and a half hour too late, thus we started our trip at 11:00a.m. instead of 9:30a.m. As we reached the Walker there was just one hour and 15 minutes left. So I had to think about that I would like to see. I decided to see the exhibition of the photographer Alec Soth. He shows images from the ordinary everyday life of people living in the Midwest.

from the series: Sleeping by the Mississippi | Alec Soth

Here you can have a look on the artist's website: http://alecsoth.com/photography/ 



Afterward I went outside to see the artwork from James Turrell. I was very excited about that. Last semester in Germany I went with one of my classes to a James Turrell exhibition at the Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg, which I liked a lot. At the Walker Art Center the artist created a room under the earth. If you entered the room you can see the sealing has huge frame though which you can see the sky. I expired the sky through the frame more intensive as I would do it without. After a while two birds entered the field of the sky. It seemed like two sea mull, but I was not quiet sure. Then in a sudden a bird of prey appeared. I was spectacular.



crane | Katharina Jourdan
Later the bus brought us to the Bell Museum of Natural History. There we could see a large, biological collections documenting Wisconsin's biodiversity. It shows all kind of animals like birds and fishes. Our assignment was to draw one of the animals. I decided to draw a crane. But I liked the beaver a lot to.

It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment