Thursday, December 9, 2010

Class Review


The semester is almost over. Thus, I took a closer look at my work and realized that I have made visible progress in my drawing skills. Besides Life Drawing I, I am also in another drawing class. In this class, we are concentrating mainly on still life drawings. Both classes were influencing my drawing skill in a different way. However this gives me just more options how to draw! This was my final drawing in the other class:

Still Life with Animals | Katharina Jourdan

I realized that drawing is first of all observing and analyzing not to report the reality but your personal view. A drawing tells not only a story about the image matter but also about the person how drew the image.

During the end of the Semester allowed myself more correction work during a longer study. I also tried different styles. I really like the simplification of outline drawings, especially if a graphic element is added.  But during the Semester I start to appreciate the contour drawings as well and focus more on contour lines in the second have of the semester. I still have to think more about composition before I start to draw. Right now for better or worse my compositions happens more by accident.

I created a Portfolio to present the best drawings from this Semester.
View my Portfolio here.

Final Shell Drawing | Katharina Jourdan

I’m glad that I had the opportunity to study abroad. It is a great source of influences. I always love to come to know a different culture better. It also opens my mind to analyze the positive and negative things in my University.  I enjoyed all my classes a lot and I’m happy with the result. I gained a lot! Back in Hildesheim I will take another figurative drawing class.

Thank you, Amy for the pleasant and productive time!

Katharina Jourdan

1 comment:

  1. It's weird, but somehow throughout the class I'm improved in my drawings immensly too, I'm not quite sure when it happened but it did. This is the pen drawing assignment? It looks fantastic, kudos to Amy for giving us these magic lessons ;)

    ReplyDelete