Sunday, September 19, 2010

1. Week

seashell | blind drawing | Katharina Jourdan

During out first week in Life Drawing I class, we received a shell. The individual and organic shapes of shells can be compared with the unique forms of human bodies. The first exercise was a blind contour drawing, forcing us to focus on the details of the shell. I had a close look and became acquainted with my seashell. The second exercise was to draw a contour drawing without lifting our pencil from the page. I realized that details of the shell were lost because I focused more on the paper.
fast gesture drawing | Kathairina Jourdan
At our second meeting we started with drawing models. First we did very fast gesture drawings and increased time more and more. For the last drawing we have had 30 minutes. For me it was difficult to draw the whole body in a short time and get the correct proportions.

I am excited to develop my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment