Thursday, October 21, 2010

6. Week | First Homework

This week, we were discussing our shell drawing in small groups. To create a dynamic composition, I tried to draw my shell from an angle, which shows a log axis line. During the discussion in the small group, I realized that it could be even more dramatic. Amy critiqued this too. One goal of the homework was to draw contour lines instead of outlines. In the end, I erased some of my outlines, which first helped me to figure out the shape and then were not necessary anymore. In my drawing, there is already a line differentiation, but in the lighter part, it could be even more exaggerated. Everyone in my group agreed that a lot of plane changes are evident. In addition, my discussion group mentioned that there are some magic parts in my drawing and it has a definitive sense of life. Thank you for saying this! Next time, my wish is to have some more constructive critique that helps me to improve my work.

Homework: first shell drawing | Katharina Jourdan
Amy’s advice was to increase the contrast in the part of the shell, which is next to the viewer, and let the drawing have less detail and contrast as more of the shell moves away in space.

No comments:

Post a Comment