Friday, October 8, 2010

4. Week


This week, in class on Tuesday, we started with a lecture on the muscles of the torso. Later, I found myself not able to draw. On my paper, the relationship between the torso and the legs was not right. It took me a while to realize what was wrong. I have the tendency to oversize the torso and make the rib cage larger than it is. At the end of class, we were introduced to our new homework. We will make large couture drawings of our seashell.

On Thursday, our motto was to draw as light as possible. To achieve this, we attached two drawing utensils together. Being no closer to the page than an arms-length away, we were able to practice drawing with our shoulders.

measure drawing | Katharina Jourdan
At the end of class, we spent one and a half hours on a measure drawing, connecting one landmark with another by using straight lines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment